Monday, June 9, 2014

Patchwork Please! - A book I need to buy

I often trial books, before I buy them, by taking them out of the library first.  Sometimes books can be a triumph of styling over actual substance.  I recently did this with Patchwork Please! by Ayumi Takahashi and for me this is a book that I need to purchase.  The projects and the styling are great. There are several projects that I want to do.

So far I am obsessed with the envelopes:


With this envelope I used the instructions from Zoe the Zombie Apocalypse doll, with some Miffy fabric I bought in Japan.  The on below uses some Red Cookie fabric which I have had squirrelled away.


There are a number of other projects in this book that I would like to try.


Are there any books that you can recommend?

3 comments:

Anna@Domestic Quilting Joy said...

Love the Red Cookie envelope! As I've been trying to start packing I've been looking at all my books and thinking I have to get better use from them. You've inspired me so I'll choose one and get started. Something small though I think!

Julie said...

Another swap group for this envelope has just started on Flickr if you are interested:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/kissswak/

Leonie said...

I have been hanging out for this book and it is definitely on my wishlist! I see so many lovely things popping up that came from it! Love your envelopes - too cute!